At long last the move towards a friendlier URL structure.
At long last I have managed to set aside a little time to work on the URL’s for the site.
As you can see, many of the urls are not really human friendly, relying on numeric parameters instead of readable words.
I did have a few categories with friendly urls, but I never really got around to implementing a proper solution.
Thats changed now, and I have started the process of moving to friendlier urls.
As its a big change, I am only doing a few to start with, to make sure there are no unexpected problems, and as long as all goes well, I will continue to slowly change the other categories over time.
I am redirecting (with a 301 redirect) so anyone who has a link to the old style url will be redirected to the new url without any effort needed on their part (so no need to update any of your links to lsblogs, we are handling it all this end).
As well as this change, I have continued with the cleanup, and deleted more parked/dead/never updated blogs, added feeds to quite a few blogs, and corrected details of some blogs where appropriate.
And finally, at some point in the near future the site will be migrated to a new server, which may possibly involve a (small) amount of downtime, I will post more nearer the event.