First stage of another mass cleanup completed the other day, analysed every listed site looking for parked pages, and removed the ones found. As I find different styles of parked pages, I will add them to the cleanup routines to help keep the directory free from these type of pages.
Its not a easy task in some cases, as some are quite inventive in their methods, but procedures are being implemented which will help long term.
Many more blogs have had their feed details corrected, so more posts are being read and indexed for inclusion in the search results now.
And I have also identified quite a few sites that had moved without telling us, and manually searched out their new address to correct their details, or deleted them, if I could not easily find the new details (or the site had just died, with no forwarding address)
As a result of many listings being removed, this will mean the sites that are still going, providing good content may have moved up the list, providing better exposure. It also provides much cleaner search results, and user experience.